Position: I.T. Coordinator
Position #: 01A-032014
Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of the CFO, the I.T. Coordinator provides support to the information, communication, and access technology systems at REACH. The I.T. Coordinator maintains local-area computers, building access, networks, and servers, provides support services for users and information technology peripheral repairs.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provides direct user support for REACH, Inc. hardware and software, including satellite locations in Juneau, Haines, Petersburg, and other locations as they become a part of the REACH programs.
- Guides the job duties and tasks of the I.T. Support Technician.
- Performs technology and communications support functions and other general troubleshooting for the agency’s computers, networks, telecommunications, and servers. In doing so, responds to staff requests for assistance in a timely manner.
- Installs and maintains agency hardware and software.
- Ensures connection of geographically remote sites.
- Communicates with vendors, consultants and internal clients to assess and manage technology needs.
- Ensures data access, security, integrity and backup.
- Performs information and communication system diagnostics as required.
- Maintains and reviews a tracking list of all REACH, Inc. I.T. assets, including satellite locations.
- Works with staff on application projects and participates in project workgroups as the Information Technology source.
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates. Stays current with industry standards and is knowledgeable of new or changing technology that correlates with the mission and needs of the agency.
- Provides support and service for the agency building access system including the maintenance of software, issuance of security access cards, deactivation of security access cards, providing access monitoring and reporting.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands and complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to agency and department budget.
- Ensures confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state law.
- Maintains and promotes a positive professional working relationship with all employees.
- Attends and participates in meetings, committees and training as assigned.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent and a 4-year degree in Information Technology Systems from an accredited college or vocational program. A combination of education, experience, and applicable certifications may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements.
Licensure: None required, but must be willing to obtain training and certifications in Information Technology Systems, attend training seminars, online training, and certification classes as required to obtain MCSE/Cisco certifications and to stay abreast of changing technology on an ongoing basis, as needed to perform job functions.
Minimum Experience: Three years minimum work experience in Information Systems Technology required. A combination of education, experience, and applicable certifications may be accepted in lieu of the minimum experience requirements.
Other: TB, fingerprint and background check clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and expertise in the technical requirements and use of computers, networks, servers, access technology systems.
- Knowledge and expertise in computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and other database applications.
- Knowledge and expertise in communicating technical information in lay and easy to understand terms.
- Strong understanding of department budgets, work ticket prioritizing, staff scheduling.
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Ability to perform sedentary work. Visual acuity necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment. Ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone.
Work is performed at the REACH office. Will involve occasional travel to remote sites.
To apply for this position, please follow this link to our online application: http://www.reachak.org/reach-employment-form.
Complete the online application. Please include a resume and cover letter. You may also obtain a paper application by visiting our offices at 213 Third Street, Juneau, AK. Applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in REACH!
Please Note: REACH, Inc maintains a Drug-Free Workplace; and applicants may be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening as a condition of employment.